Tips on SGeMS
Table of Contents
2. Common Questions
2.1 How to filter results by periods?
This section shows how to filter MiningMath outputs on SGeMS to visually analyze geometric parameters, the evolution of the results across the life of mine, among others.
2.2 How to import surfaces?
The following video summarizes how you can import surfaces back to SGeMS once you close everything and without saving your project. This procedure is also applicable to importing input surfaces used as surface constraints to compare with your results.
2.3 Importing Results
This section shows how to visualize MiningMath outputs once you close everything without saving your project.
Loading a block model
To load the block model, users have two options.
- On SGeMS upper menu, click on Objects.
- Then on Load Objects.
- Find your scenario folder.
- Select the MinedBlocks file (the same works for the AllBlocks).
- Click Open.
- On the Explorer, find your scenario folder.
- Select the MinedBlocks file (the same works for the AllBlocks) and drag it into SGeMS 3D view screen.
Regardless of the loading path taken in the previous step, it is required to set up how the data loaded will be set up.
- Define the object type as a masked grid.
- Define a grid name (e.g. MinedBlocks Scenario 001)
- For X coordinate change it from IX to X.
- For Y coordinate change it from IY to Y.
- For Z coordinate change it from IZ to Z.
- As a cell size, use the block size along each direction.
- Select Use-No-Data-Value and define it as -99.
2.4 How to use Sections
The following video illustrates how you can view your project by sections.
3. Overcoming Issues
3.1 View Model Crash
This is a crash that happens on SGeMS when users click the View Model button during the importation. The following video shows a palliative solution which consists in a full scenario setup, saving, then getting back to View Model.
3.2 Unable to see results
Visualizing scheduling results on SGeMS
Sometimes, the user might face a situation where:
- The input model or the optimization outputs are not shown properly.
- The user is likely to see an empty black screen or a grey box (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Scheduling visualization on SGeMS shows a grey box.
Solution to view your model
The solution for such cases is quite simple:
- For each parental box checked, check the box named
- Note: click the Earth button to refresh the visualization.
Figure 2: The solution is to ensure "Region TOPO" is checked whenever its parent box is also checked.